Monday, July 31, 2006

All Aboard!



Last weekend we escaped the Fresno heat! We traveled north to see parents in Santa Rosa. This trip was much different from all the other, we took the Train! I was a little nervous at first because we were going to be on the train for a little over 3 hours and then a bus! Never did I think I would travel willingly by bus! To my surprise, it was awsome! We played cribbage, talked, walked around a little, had a snack in the dinning car, and just really enjoyed our time together. Now, we had other motives in taking this trip. We are going to travel to Santa Fe in November over Thanksgiving. So, the train trip is 14 hours from Barstow! I wasn't sure if I'd be up for it, but now I think it will be ok. So, we're helping the enviornment and saving money! (Did I mention the train is cheap! It would have cost us the same amount in Gas to drive to Santa Rosa.) So, if you're looking for a new way to travel, I highly suggest looking into the train.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GracieGirl has been dying to ride a train! I want to plan a trip for her. xoxo