Thursday, February 07, 2008

The News

I was stepping into the shower as I put the PT down where I would be able to see it. Why was this time any different? Not really sure. I have had some symptoms, but after 2 years if anything seemed strange then I had a "symptom." So, until today I ignored it. I saw the double pink lines! I wasn't sure how to feel. My stomach dropped, and I jumped around the house looking for the phone. I had to call Clay. Somehow I needed to convince him to come home early. NO answer.

In the shower I contined to think about the last two years. Who do you tell? How do you tell them? Really, it's only been an hour and if doesn't seem real at all! It is still really early. I'm not even late yet, so this could all really mean nothing in a few days. So, with the excitment comes the fear. Will this baby grow inside of me, or will it leave me before it gets a chance?

Even though I have complete and total mixed emotions right now, I must say this..I can not wait to share the news with Clay. Will it be real then? We're ready to be parents, but month after month it's just something we talk about. Today, we begin discussing everything. It's real. I can finally say, "I'm Pregnant!"

No comments: