Monday, July 28, 2008

San Diego

This weekend I drove to San Diego with one of my instructors of a Fit4Baby training. It was a good trip, but an adventure at that! Shawn and I left Friday at 9:45. We took the long way to the freeway (GPS isn't always the way to go) and began our journey. When we talked about driving down I realized we would be in areas that I'm not in often! The Tarzana Armenian Deli was calling my name. So, after a few wrong turns, and a lot of traffic we made it to the Deli to meet my good friend Ernesto for lunch! It was WEIRD! I have to say if there is anywhere that I have lived that I don't miss..it is the San Fernando Valley. In the 45 minutes we sat and ate lunch, we witnessed a prostitute being picked up, two cars almost colliding at a stop sign because one idiot felt it was appropriate to do a strange turn in front of the other car, but we did have a good sandwich! I don't know what makes the sandwich so good! It's simple; turkey, mayo, mozzarella, pepperchinis, avocado, tomato, all rolled up in flat bread. However, this is a sandwich I have not ever been able to duplicate! So, in all honesty it was worth the detour for me. Not to mention it was wonderful seeing a good friend.

So, we journeyed on to San Diego. Following the GPS of course, and sitting in traffic for a good hour and half or so we ended up on a toll highway! Neither one of us had cash on us, so we exit before we have to pay the toll on a mission to find an ATM. So, another detour. We find the ATM and journey back onto out toll road. I would like to mention it was $5.75 for this detour, and I really don't think it saved us an ounce of time!!

Finally at around 6:00pm we roll into oceanside. Find our hotel (with a few wrong turns) and get checked in. The driving wasn't too bad, hips didn't hurt too bad, but my feet were slowly swelling up. Never did I think I would be the owner of Kankles! After putting my feet up for awhile we ventured on down by the ocean. Parked in the parking structure next to the bus stop, there were police men walking around so I didn't feel unsafe, but it was dark. As we looked for a place to eat we passed bar after bar. It was hilarious! Let me mention Shawn is as cute as could be. So, the boys standing in front of the bars see us walking towards them. They see her...do the little look up and down, look at me and turn away! I guess trying to get the pregnant lady into the bar didn't sound so appealing. IF that was all it took to get men to not bother you at bars, I would have bought a pregnancy suit a long time ago!!! So we ate dinner at this little cafe that closed at 9:30, and ventured back to the hotel.

5:30 am...we wake up. I turn the shower on, and it's yellow! The pipes were apparently rusty, or there was some funk in the water that I was clearly not touching! so, no showers for us! Our journey to the training began.

We spent the day at the training...nothing too adventurous happened there...until we were leaving and I discovered I couldn't find my wallet! We went back to the classroom, and it was found! It had fallen out of my bag with a t-shirt! However, it was almost a temporary heart attack! At 6:00 we were debating on making the turn to go to my grandpas for the night or venture back home. We decided to make the trip home. It was a long trip, but at 12:30 we pulled into the garage and had a great nights sleep!!! Now that is something that doesn't happen often.

So all in all it was a good trip. It will make the trip down south this weekend seem much shorter!

1 comment:

The Blaufuss Family said...

Have fun this weekend and I hope you get lots of good things!!!!